This blog is a record of the life of a wagtail family in a suburban garden during the Spring of 2010 in Port Elizabeth, South Africa.

Monday, September 27, 2010

Monday 27 September - Fledglings

Whilst I've been away Mark has taken on the duty of chief nest watcher and photographer (except I have our camera with me). This is what he has to say about today's entry.
I noticed when I got home that there was a parent on the nest and then as I gave the dogs their biscuits heard the high pitched chirrup of the departing parent so I took the gap, no adults @ home! Just missed a brilliant pic with all three (yes, dear! 3!) beaks wide open as they sensed the movement of the camera just above them.  In the best picture you see Jaws with gaping maw and siblings on either side. They are very silent, not a peep!

No comments:

Post a Comment